Thursday, December 6, 2007

Friend's Birthday Celebration

Last night several ladies that included interpreters, deaf, and hearing friends got together to help celebrate Sandra's birthday. We took her to one of her favorite Japanese restaurant. Since I've never been to one before, I wasn't sure about it. My friends were excited for me to get the taste of it. I decided to go with their suggestion...HIBACHI where they cook the food on the grill in front of you. It was phenomenal to hear those utensils hitting each other and the matches ignited the flame and hearing the sizzling sound. It was quite an experience for me and my friends were so happy that I truly enjoyed it so much.

The waitress and waiter were very kind and understanding to both of us deaf ladies, even though they (Japanese) have accent. After our enjoyable and delicious dinner, one of the waitress "signed" Happy Birthday to Sandra. What a special celebration it was!

Debbie \^^/

No comments: