Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Roses


Mark suprised me with these beautiful roses along with a gift card from Starbuck's. I'm going to enjoy their Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha during this holiday.

I was in the mall doing a little shopping. I decided to stop by Starbuck's and grab a Peppermint latte. The gentleman told me to come back to add more flavor, if needed. I was enjoying my latte while shopping and after purchasing a few items, it was time to head out. I happened to walk by Starbuck's on my way out to my car. I heard my name called and it was the gentleman at Starbuck's asked about my latte. I was totally shocked I heard his voice as the mall was filled with people, music playing, and the loud coffee maker.

A few days later, I ran into him and I shared with him about my deafness and CI. He asked all about it and how it worked. He said that hearing people take things for granted and he's sure right about that. He had some tears in his eyes. Never in my wildest dream I thought I would be hearing all those amazing sounds. I'm so blessed to be hearing with this amazing technology.

No comments: