We are enjoying the sounds of Christmas...we hear music everywhere we go - in car, mall, church, party, friend's home, and on our MP3 player. Just recently my precious niece, Rachel, surprised me with a Christmas CD. One disc has piano with a few musical instruments and the 2nd disc has harp only. Listening to the harp was beautiful. Rachel and I listened together and sang along. I could tell how much she was excited that I liked the CDs so much. Thanks sweetie for the early Christmas gift. As I type, I'm listening to The Best of Bing Crosby Christmas Collection. I'm in awe to hear his deep voice and can pick up many words.
Last eve, I attended Deaf/Hard of Hearing Christmas party and saw many friends and got acquainted with the new ones. One of the gals who is hard of hearing and we both serve as an officer for Alexander Graham Bell for the ID chapter, introduced me to her husband. He was implanted 5 months ago and we shared our experience since we both have Advanced Bionics brand.
As people were showing up and ringing the doorbell, it sounded like Christmas bell were ringing.
I was introduced to several Deaf people who have not been exposed to someone like me with CI. They were curious to learn all about it and asked several questions. I shared with them what I could hear that I couldn't benefit from my hearing aids. The hearing folks had a huge and shocked look on their faces not knowing I had CI, but I could pick up their conversation. Those deaf folks cracked up so hard and thought it was too funny.
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Christmas Spirit...
Posted by
Debbie/Steve
at
6:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment