Monday, January 14, 2008

The Tinniest Sound


This past weekend, our niece had her finger on one of her baby teeth. We had inquired her if one of her teeth was coming loose. She said it was. She went to our CI side and said to listen. We thought...what in the world is she thinking of. We listened and we were shocked to hear the tinniest sound as she wriggled her baby tooth. We, then, asked other hearing people if they have ever listen to a tooth being wiggled and they nodded no.

Not too long ago, I was told that you can hear the 2nd hand of the watch being ticked. WOW, it's true we can hear these two sounds that does not make a loud noise.

Wonder what are the other tinnest sounds we haven't yet heard? We'll have to explore more.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

I am making up for 35 years of not hearing sounds. Everything is so wonderful except squeaky sneakers. I will have to find some sounds to listen too. My favorite tiny sound(to me) is the timer in the kitchen.

Debbie/Steve said...

I agree with you as we have so much to make it up for all those years we have been missing. Glad you are doing very well.

D

Michelle said...

Hi guys, wanted to check you out since you visited me. I have to say, the sound of a loose tooth makes me cringe!! LOL

Cyborg Queen said...

LOL! That's pretty funny. The tiniest sound that I heard was when my cat pooped in the litter box. It was a "plop" sound. I know it's strange, but hey, you gotta enjoy every sound that comes along!

Debbie/Steve said...

Cyborn queen:

WOW...but I've never had cats...just dogs. Did you know that you can hear your feet hitting in the sand while walking?