Saturday, March 29, 2008

Aunt/Niece Day Out

Today my niece wanted to have a Girl's Day Out. We made a trip to the theater to see Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who movie. We were excited since it was open captioned so I could use it as a backup. On the way, she read a book and I was trying to listen while driving. With all the road traffic, it was difficult to hear but I managed to hear a few words. Once the movie had started and to our disappointment, it was not Open Captioned. We went out and I reported to someone about the OC. I was told that it was shown at 2:25 PM but my niece and I already had plans for that time. We decided to go back and finished watching it. I estimated that I got about 80 percent of what was being said so it was not too bad at all. I cannot complain! When we got home, my niece went to grab the local newspaper to double check to see the exact time for the OC. She said it was 2:25 instead of 12noon and she was sorry about that. She was so sweet and kind to think of me.


Upon arriving home, we went straight for Rachel's Salon. She gave me a pedicure for which I have been waiting for at least 2 weeks. She did a great job of painting my toe nails with bright pink and silver glitter polish. I couldn't have been any happier and now it's not bare any more. She has been asking lately if she could do my hair. She styles my hair with blow drying and put my hair up. She's amazing young girl at the age of 8. Not only that, she started doing nails when she was 5 years old. This week she was on Spring Break and I had asked her what was the thing she enjoyed the most. She replied with a smile and said being with my Debbie.

I told her I was fixing myself with a cup of Green Tea. She excitedly said, "Let's Have a Tea Party" so off to kitchen we go. I heard her from the other room looking for some cookies and told her that I didn't have any. Instead, we enjoyed our cup of tea with colorful Goldfish.

All in all, what a fun day it was and look forward to another one.

Debbie










2 comments:

Abbie said...

I love those pretty pink piggies! :)

David said...

Your posts always pick up my day. Thanks for sharing.
David